Animal kingdom

In my room
with me, lives,
spiders, lizards and mosquitoes

In my backyard
lives a frog, he hops everywhere
and eats cockroaches

There're some sparrows
who come and visit
every now and then

And, yes, there is,
a one eyed cat, who gets in my kitchen
and a mouse too who lives there

There is a cow
who goes around knocking every door
asking for food, thats true

Every now and then
dogs, pigs and even donkeys
stroll my street

Very rarely
a whole lot of monkeys
come on my terrace

Once, I even caught
a snake
from my front yard

There used to be
many pigeons
but, I havent seen them for long

Where are crows?
and butterflies?
Where are all the peacocks?

spiders, lizards
and the frog
they dont bother me ever

mosqitoes, they bite sometimes
I wish
they wouldnt do that

I hung a shoe box
outside my house, for sparrows
I thought, they'd nest there, they didn't

spiders, ants, mosquitoes
frogs, rats, lizards
sparrows, cats and monkeys

Do I live in their kingdom
or they in mine?
I am not sure which.

No comments:

Post a Comment