Story of a pair of shoes

Buying a pair of new shoes
I never know what to expect
Walking in a shoe shop
like 'love-at-first-sight'
there I find my brand new pair
Pleased with my new purchase
I take them out for a walk
a walk with proud strides.
Look, how everyone gives
them an envious stares.

'Love' blooms as I wear,
my friends, my companions,
for travels far and wide.
Scruffs and scratches
from many a mountain climbs
and sand from the beaches
all over, and in my shoes.
All sweet memories
of those places.
Togather we have some real wild time.

But it's all too soon
when its time to buy a new pair
I feel quite sad for my old shoes
for I love them
and don't want to lose them.
They are now, all tattered and torn;
everyone gives them
a wierd stare.
They've served well.
Rest in peace my old friends.

Ah, my pride, my new pair...

No comments:

Post a Comment