The Story teller and flip of a coin.

It's been five long years
when the coin decided
to flip the other way
I couldn't believe it then,
that flip would be the other way.
The coin, what was in its mind?

The story teller has till now
churned out thousands different stories,
all could have had different tales to tell.
The flip has now left me
with dreams all covered in dust,
regrets and no regrets,

The story teller tells me
I may have five more years
and may be five more after that
he is not certain though
what stories are in store after that
The coin, what is in its mind?

The story teller takes out the coin
as it's time for another flip
he asks me again this time
what I want it to be
If wishes were chocolate candy
I'd have whichever I liked.

Oh story teller, please this time
could you make the coin listen to me?
last time the coin seemed
to have a mind of its own.
The story teller just smiled at me
and flipped the coin up in the air.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.

    I like the lines the face also.

    It's not the distance, it's the terrain.

    ReplyDelete